One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #2

Tuesday, January 20, 2015



I'm back with another  One Layer Christmas card challenge!  I'll be by on the first and third Tuesdays of each month with a new Christmas design for you.  The real challenge...all cards must be just one layer.  Isn't that fun?  Hope you can play along! Using the optional twist will get you an entry into the monthly random drawing.  Every card that you enter with the twist = 1 entry into the drawing and you can enter as many times as you'd like!


And here's my take on the challenge:



Yes, there's that bokeh effect again!  And very non-traditional colors!  Again, another very simple design.  Stamped the bokeh dots in a couple of colors and then added the snow flakes in a third color.  A sentiment in black and my usual smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Avery Elle Seaglass, Lemon Grass and Sapphire pigment inks; and Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Lots of Dots and Verve Merry and Bright
All the other stuff:  Simon Says Stamps sequins and Tombow adhesive


Come and check out what the rest of the Design Team over at the One Layer Christmas card challenge has for you...lots of fabulous inspiration for your Christmas cards!  I'll see you in February for more challenges.  

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

8 comments

  1. This is fantastic, Lee-Anne! I love the way you did the circles. Amazing card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Who knew that one dimensional could look so three dimensional? I am really enjoying following this Christmas all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Loving the hint of bokeh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft, subtle look of background dots; the snowflakes are beautiful layered over the dots; gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card may have a simple design, but it's GORGEOUS, Lee-Anne! Great stamping and I love how you created the clusters of dots and snowflakes to create balance in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and nice!! I like it!!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is pure fabulousness! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super one layer card Lee-Anne I like the pop of colour and the groupings of the images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!