One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #1


Whoo hoo so excited!  My first post as a Design Team member for the One Layer Christmas card challenge!  I'll be by on the first and third Tuesdays of each month with a new Christmas design for you.  The real challenge...all cards must be just one layer.  Isn't that fun?  Hope you can play along! Using the optional twist will get you an entry into the monthly random drawing.  Every card that you enter with the twist = 1 entry into the drawing and you can enter as many times as you'd like!


Oh I was all over that optional twist of red *big smile*.  Red = poinsettias in this case for me.  

I chose to make a mixed media style card this time.  My card base has been made with Strathmore watercolor paper.  First off, I stamped and masked the two poinsettias.  Then I dropped some Distress Inks into the background.  Once that was dry, I started on the poinsettias.  There are three shades of Distress Markers used, followed by some Gelatos.  I've also used some PITT artist pens for the center of the poinsettias and for shading around them.

A simple stamped sentiment and done...

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# cold press watercolor paper
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival; Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Evergreen Bough and Dusty Concord
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders: Happy and Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower
All the other stuff:  watercolor brushes, Festive Berries Distress Marker, Fired Brick Distress Marker, red Gelatos, cobalt green PITT artist pen big brush, MISTI

So please join the entire Design Team over at the One Layer Christmas card challenge for our first challenge, and I'll see you in two weeks for another challenge.  Just think of all the Christmas cards you can add to your stash well before next Christmas :)

Back soon with more my sweet friends...