Dazzling Diva #60

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's time for our weekly Dazzling Diva challenge...is this not some amazing inspiration?  Especially given that Valentine's Day is fast approaching!




And here's my take on our inspiration:





Here's a close-up of the flower.  I've used a couple of colors of Inka Gold to highlight the embossing:




And this shows you the dimension and sparkle from the mix of the glass bead gel and the glitter:



The base of my card was an experiment for me today :)  I started out by using some glass bead gel with a stencil and before I lifted the stencil I just sprinkled some silver glitter on to it and pressed it very lightly. It worked! Don't you love when experiments work out?

The flower was made with Scarlet Red craft metal and a Tim Holtz die.  Once the layers were die cut, I embossed them with an embossing folder and rubbed on two colors of Inka Gold to highlight the embossing.

If you haven't tried it...the pliability of the craft metal makes it so easy to form flowers...I just used my fingers and the end of my die pick, until I achieved the look I wanted.  Then, to put it all together I used a gorgeous rhinestone brad from my stash.

A die cut sentiment in Baby Blue craft metal completes the card.  I adhered the craft metal to a cardstock base with a two-sided adhesive sheet before placing it on the card.

Here's what I used:

Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal

Scarlet Red                                                 Baby Blue
Scarlet Red Metal SheetBaby Blue Metal Sheet


Paper:  SU! Going Gray
Stamps:  none today!
Ink:  none of that either :)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, Stencil Girl stencil, Golden Glass Bead Gel, Martha Stewart silver embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp XOXO border die, Inka Gold in Turquoise and Violet, misc. rhinestone brad, two-sided adhesive sheet, Tim Holtz die pick

Challenges entered:
Time Out:  Valentine's Day with the optional twist of hearts
Card Mania:  CMC #64 Make it Sparkle

Would love to have you join our Dazzling Diva Challenge!   Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.   




Don't forget to check out all the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team...just click on the challenge button above to check it all out!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



12 comments

  1. Oh my!! this definitely is dazzling :) love the layers on the flower and the gemstones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's such a stunner - truly dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! I really like the XO die too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges.

    Hugs!
    Rossi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card!!! The background is stunning and flower is so rich! Thank you for playing along with time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh this is so full of texture and sparkle. Your experiment worked a dream. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the flower! And of course love all the sparkle - especially the center of the flower. I like how the blue plays with the red - perhaps because the silvery parts tie the two colours together. Spectacular use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! You really outdid yourself on this one! Love that background - what a great experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat! Flower is stunning and background is gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge and I hope to see again.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the textured and sparkly heart - YUM! Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, the textures are beautiful and the rose is stunning!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is gorgeous with wonderful textures. Loving tge scrumptious flower.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!