Watercolor Snow


Playing along with the CAS-ology challenge today:


And yes, still playing with watercolors...just can't seem to get away from that :)  Very simple design and again, if you're short on cards, quick and easy to mass produce.  Today, I've done a watercolor resist design.

The snowflakes are heat embossed and then it's allowed to cool.  Then I've taped a piece of watercolor paper to some coroplast...any firm surface will do.  After spreading plain water across various parts of the paper, I start dropping in my watercolors.  It's just a matter of playing until you're satisfied with the amount of color.  Once it was dry, it was stamped with the sentiment and adhered to my card base.

And speaking of card base, funny story there.  I've been busy making a lot of cards, like so many of you the last few weeks. It was time to open a new package of my favorite cardstock...Bazzill Marshmallow.  Cut it down the middle, placed it on my Scor-Pal, scored it and then looked at it...WTH???  It's a half inch too long on one side of the card.  Then I flip it over and look...there's the Bazzill logo and a bar code.  My entire package is cut 1/2 inch too long...must have been the end cut of the paper.  Thought I was going crazy for a minute and this time of year that is a distinct possibility :)

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger watercolor and Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Versamark and Jet Black Archival 
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Winter Wonder and Altenew Lyrical Script
All the other stuff:  EK Success powder tool, WOW embossing powder, heat tool, paintbrush, water tray, Zig Kuretake watercolors, adhesive

Back soon with more my sweet friends...