Dazzling Diva #56

Wednesday, December 17, 2014


It's time for another Dazzling Diva Challenge and here's our gorgeous inspiration today:


And here's my take on it:



I started out by cutting two of my snowflakes in Golden Glimmer and one in Wonderous White:



Making a different type of background today using double-sided adhesive sheets. By using the adhesive sheets I can vary the width of my strips.  Next I added white glitter to some:



And silver glitter to others.  In order for the glitter to stick really well to the two-sided adhesive strips, I added lots of glitter and then burnished it with my fingers.  It makes quite a difference in how the glitter adheres to the strips!



Next, I played with different layouts for the strips until I was happy.  You'll note that I made them slightly longer than needed.  This makes it really easy to place them on the card.  Using a grid mat like the one you see here also makes it easier to line up the strips fairly straight.



Then, peeling away the adhesive backing each strip was added to the card base and trimmed to fit with non-stick scissors.


Yes, there are adhesive tapes that are already glittered, but I like to use what I have and the double-sided tape and a drawer full of glitter makes this an easy thing to do :)

These products available in the Add a Little Dazzle Boutique:

Golden Glimmer Metal SheetWondrous White Metal Sheet


Would love to have you join our Dazzling Diva Challenge!  Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.   Our challenge will run for the next three weeks finishingup on January 6th.  To allow our Design Team some time with family and friends for the holidays; the challenge will return January 7th.




Lots of fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team...just click on the challenge button above to check it all out!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

8 comments

  1. Glamorous snowflakes, wonderful!!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Too deliciously beautiful. You are the queen of creativeness - and sparkle. One can never have too many parties, or too much sparkle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and elegant! Love all the sparkle and those beautiful snowflakes! Have a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love all the shimmer n shine !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne. And great tutorial on how to make the striped background. So clever to make the strips longer and use the grid to lining up. I could see me cutting them to the exact size and then taking hours to figure it out ... this is so much better! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the snowflake with the circles available to buy? Where and name? Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, the rhinestone circles are something I picked up a long time ago...sorry don't have the info on where...they were just in my stash. The snowflake dies are available at Simon Says Stamp...it's their own brand and they have many sizes.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!