STAMPlorations Guest Designer

Friday, November 7, 2014


So happy to be joining STAMPlorations as their Guest Designer this month!


With a theme of stamps and layers there were so many ideas bouncing around in my brain.  Ended up using some layers of Distress Inks and Inka Gold for my card.

I started out inking a piece of watercolor paper with Peacock Feather and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.  Next came a layer of turquoise Inka Gold through a stencil.  Once that was dry, I placed my stencil over top, making sure it was exactly in place as the last layer, and added another layer of Inka Gold, but just in certain spots...this time I used the Oldsilver.  Funny name really 'cause it ends up gold :)  And, once that layer was dry, I added more Inka Gold, this time in Copper through another stencil to add in the little stars.

Once everything was dry, the entire card was buffed with a soft cloth to bring up the shine.  Then I stamped my trees from the Oh, Christmas Tree! stamp set from STAMPlorations (thank you Shery!) and added the sentiment, all in black archival ink.  Don't you just love these graphic trees?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger watercolor paper and SU! Basic Black
Ink:  Peacock Feather and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; and Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Oh, Christmas Tree! clear stamp set
All the other stuff:  Turquoise, Oldsilver and Copper Inka Gold, Stencil Girl Mayne stencil, Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars stencil, spatula, soft cloth

Challenges entered:
Virginia's View #9:  all things metallic

Big thanks to STAMPlorations for having me as their Guest Designer!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

14 comments

  1. Awesome layering of your stenciling and I LOVE this set! [I don't have this one ;(] Welcome to GDing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with ya on "so many ideas for creating layers". Love your choice. That shine is so wonderful and I'm lovin' that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful card, I like the image!!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Totally amazing card Lee-Anne. LOVE the combination of colours, stencils and the Inka Gold wax ... hmm, more shopping in my future :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is gorgeous, I like the way u created the layers :) so stunning. So glad to have u as our Guest designer !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks amazing - I love how you added so much depth with your layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love LOVE the graphic trees! And also the beautiful winters sky that looks just like Saskatchewan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Lee-Anne! I love that fabulous background. So glad to have you as guest designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your well deserved Guest DT spot, Lee-Anne! I love how you created so many beautiful layers on this card, and the color combo is just amazing! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sure has a lot of layers and a lot of interest! Great use of the tree stamps too. Thanks for guest designing at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - completely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the stenciled background and all the gold. There is so much to look at, and it's perfect for Shery's Christmas Trees. Great to have you as our guest designer for the month. Sorry about the late comment. Have a lovely day! Monika x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!