Pink Season


Really wanted to play along with the STAMPlorations monthly challenge again.  The theme this month is stamps and layers.  And, The Mixed Media Card Challenge theme is Christmas, yeah, one more Christmas card done!

And yes, there are lots of layers on this baby :)  I started off with one of my favorite techniques...adding color to a stencil, misting it with water and laying it on some watercolor paper. Once that was dry, I stamped on the holly branches in silver ink and again dried the card.  Next, I heat embossed the snow flakes in white.

Then disaster struck!  I stamped the sentiment onto my card and accidentally got a line of black ink above the sentiment.  What's a girl to do?  Well...decided to use a black pen and extend the line and make a matching one below.  I think it works!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Ink:  Hero Arts black and Picked Raspberry, Frayed Burlap and Pumice Stone Distress Inks
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Vignette:  Christmas Block, STAMPlorations Oh, Christmas Tree! and Simon Says Stamp with Clearly Besotted Holly Berries
All the other stuff:  Tim Holtz Holly Bough stencil, Hero Arts white embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat gun, water mister, ruler, Copic multiliner

Challenges entered:
STAMPlorations November challenge:  stamps and layers
The Mixed Media Card Challenge:  Christmas

Back soon with more my sweet friends...