Kylie's Christmas Card Challenge


The most awesome Kylie of Kylie is Addicted to Stamps is hosting a Christmas card challenge. You can find it here on her blog.

The prize is a personalized watermark and signature for the winning entry; it's worth $40 U.S.!

Watermark By:

Kylie recently started a new business designing watermarks, signatures and blog headers.  And, sweet girl that she is offered her service to her Design Team members.  Yes, that's my watermark that she designed for me featuring a leaf...one of my favorite shapes in nature :)

Using the Memory Box stencil and the Archival Watering Can ink, I created the starry background. Next, I inked my other stencil with three colors of Distress Ink and pressed them onto the watercolor paper.  I added a wee bit more color with a sponge in a few places and it need a bit more depth.  Once that was dry, I stamped the deer image in Seedless Preserves.  The original image has lots of shading on it and since I wanted a more solid image, I used a small paintbrush with some water on it to color in the image.  A simple stamped sentiment (don't you just love this set?) and a smattering of wood veneer stars and done!

Here's what I used:
Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Distress Inks:  Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Tumbled Glass
Ranger Archival Watering Can and Jet Black
Memory Box Starry Nights stencil
TCW Harlequin Circles stencil
Stamps:  Penny Black Leaping Deer and Altenew Lyrical Script

So, please come join in the fun!  All you need to do is make a Christmas card and link it here on Kylie's blog for your chance to win your own personalized watermark and signature.  The challenge will be open until December 21st!.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...