Dazzling Diva #53

Wednesday, November 26, 2014


Time for another Dazzling Diva Challenge from Add a Little Dazzle.  This week we are focusing on embossing techniques with metal.  Did you know that you can emboss the metal with a variety of stencils and it takes embossing paste beautifully too!


I've chosen to use a metal stencil for my embossing today and I've used the No More Shims Embossing Mat and the poinsettia stencil that can be found here in the Add a Little Dazzle Boutique.
Here's a close up:


So depending on how you hold it in the light...you see more black or more gold.

Such an easy way to dress up a card.  I cut a piece of craft metal to the size of the stencil, placed it in my Big Shot Pro with the No More Shims Embossing Mat and fresh cutting pads.  I keep a set of cutting pads just for embossing the metal so that there are no marks of any sort in them.  Then, I simply rubbed some Oldsilver Inka Gold across the embossed piece.  I let it dry a bit before swiping it with a baby wipe, very gently.  Then after it was completely dry, I buffed it with a soft cloth.  Then it was added to my card with some designer paper and a die cut sentiment.

Would love to see you join us for this fun challenge!  Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  Add a Little Dazzle craft metals sheets are available here.

And just a heads up, Add a Little Dazzle is having a Black Friday Sale, check this out on Friday!!!




Back soon with more my sweet friends...


3 comments

  1. You are on a roll, woman! This card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How elegant! The same colours as my favourite Christmas outfit....little black dress, oatmeal accent, and of course the silver jewellery! Let me know if you need a model to hold this lovely card! I will put on the LBD and pose. PS. You really ARE on a roll with this metal stuff. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you totally rock the metallic sheets !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!