Dazzling Diva #51

Wednesday, November 12, 2014


It's time for another Dazzling Diva Challenge brought to you by Add a Little Dazzle.  Here's our beautiful inspiration for the week:


Every time I looked at the inspiration picture, I kept focusing on the wooden sign hung above the mantle and the deer to the side of it.  Can you tell :)

I masked off the areas to divide the sign into three as in the picture.  Then it was stamped with the woodgrain image in Archival Ink.  Next I sponged several colors of Distress Inks over top. Once that was done, I heat embossed the sentiment and the little pine sprig.  Then I smudged some white pigment ink randomly on the panels also.

The reindeer has been die cut from the reverse side of a sheet of craft metal, adhered to the panel and then I added a little bit of Xmas Red Stickles for his nose.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Coffee Archival Ink, Hero Arts Unicorn, Weathered Wood, Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Woodgrain stamp, Clearly Besotted Most Wonderful and an old PSX pine sprig image
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Penny Black Leap of Joy Christmas Reindeer, die, sponges, Hero Arts white embossing powder, heat tool, sponges, Xmas Red Stickles, masking tape

Challenges entered:
Virginia's View:  all things metallic

Would love to see you join us for this fun challenge!  Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  Add a Little Dazzle craft metals sheets are available here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


9 comments

  1. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne ... and perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo. LOVE the silver reindeer ... gorgeous die-cut! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super beautiful card and a great implementation of photo inspiration.
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the silver reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love your reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love how you have made the reindeer silver and the background brown - instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! this is such a stunning beauty, love that die cut deer over wood grain BG, awesomeness !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lee-Anne! I totally forgot this was yours and it just popped off the page at me. Really beautiful
    !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!