Worn Porcelain Cup

Wednesday, October 1, 2014


It's time for the Hope You Can Cling to Challenges at Splitcoast Stampers!  Lots of the stampers at Splitcoast (including me), love to send our cards from these challenges to the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston TX.  It's a very worthy cause and so near and dear to my heart.  Who's life hasn't been touched by cancer, right?  And the opportunity to make some one's day just a wee bit brighter makes me happy.

If you've got some spare time and are so inclined please come and play along!

I started out by stamping the image in Versamark.  Then I used three different colors of metallic embossing powders.  Once that was heat set, it was colored with a white pencil and blended with Gamsol.

Next, I used a black marker and a stencil to create the illusion of a table cloth, stamped the sentiment and then sponged around the edges.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake and Basic Black
Stamps:  Kanban Coffee Shop and Verve Better With You
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Archival Jet Black, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
All the other stuff:  Black Soot Distress Marker, TCW Mini Harlequin stencil, Prismacolor white pencil, Zing copper embossing powder, Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, Hero Arts gold embossing powder, heat gun, Gamsol, blending stump, sponge, adhesives

Challenges entered:
HYCCT1401C:  handle
Virginia's View Challenge #8:  CAS

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

3 comments

  1. Ah!! This cup is the prettiest ever :) looks almost like a real porcelain cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That porcelain cup is OUTSTANDING, Lee Anne! THREE embossing powder? WOW! I love the details and shading! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne ... love the three different metallic embossing powders --- really adds to the vintage look of the cup. This would be a perfect addition to the Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!