Hello Peonies


Ha...wish I could say hello to my peonies at this time of year!   But they've been put to bed and I won't see them till next June.

This is another of my cards for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers. Even if you haven't been able to play along all month, if you are so inclined you could go through your stash and send a few cards.  It's a very worthwhile cause.

I just used a very loose watercolor technique after stamping the images in permanent ink.  First using my Distress Markers and then adding a bit of water with a brush.  Then  I added in more color with my Distress Inks.

Next, using my paint brush, I added a few splotches of color.  Finally a bit of Wink of Stella here and there for some shine..which of course you can't see in my photo.  Don't you hate when that happens?A simple die cut sentiment, embossed background and a smattering of sequins complete the card.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor and SU! Rose Red
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black, Spiced Marigold and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks
Stamps:  WPlus9 Pretty Peonies
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, MFT hello die-namics, Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle die, Spiced Marigold,  Crushed Olive, Frayed Burlap and Picked Raspberry Distress Markers, sequins, adhesives

Back soon with more my sweet friends...