Fall Splendor

Tuesday, October 7, 2014


It's time for another Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge...our theme this week is Anything Goes. Would love for you to play along!

Our sponsor this week is Rick St. Denis and up for grabs...three of his digis:



Playing with my Distress Inks today.  Simply inked up a stencil with three different colors of the inks, misted with water and placed it on a piece of watercolor paper.  Once that was dry, I went in with a sponge and added some more ink.  Then added lots of water droplets, let that dry and dribbled on a bit of gold Color Shine.

My card is 3.5" x 5.5" with room for the circular sentiment to hang over and still fit a regular A2 envelope.  It's a nice change isn't it?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor paper, Neenah Solar White, SU! Soft Suede
Ink:  Ripe Persimmon, Crushed Olive and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks; and Ranger Coffee Archival
Stamps:  Impression Obsession Watch the Leaves
All the other stuff:  craft mat, water mister, Memory Box leaf and berry stencil, foam adhesive tape, Big Shot Pro, Spellbinders circle die, Heidi Swapp Color Shine

Challenge:
Addicted to Stamps and More #108:  anything goes 

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

15 comments

  1. Wow!! This is AMAZiNG!! Love the design, love the colors, and love your techniques ... LOVE everything :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the best fall cards I have seen recently, you have nailed this card Lee-Anne, I don't have the right words to describe the beauty of this card, I will just say - You nailed it! xx , and the sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another card that should be framed! Such wonderful rich colours and the perfect sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This absolutely gorgeous Lee-Anne, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the "framing" idea. What a lovely gallery you would have! This card is just plain lovely. The colours are amazing. Well done L-A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the background - so much texture and depth. I do like that sentiment too! I do enjoy watching the leaves change colour! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, Cornelia, gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that rich background you created is stunning! Lovely card Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Absolutely AH-MAZING card, Lee-Anne! Your inking is gorgeous, and the leaves fabulous! Love the sentiment, too! I think you should frame this one...a true work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! You've captured so much depth in your background and I love that the background autumnal colours instead of the leaves, great idea to switch it around. Love the overhanging sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. This is so rich and warm. Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Love your wonderful design and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lee-Anne. LOVE your card, it somehow looks as if you used lots of preciuous metal to create it, amazing effect! Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This! This is A-MAZING! I so wish I could make a background like this-simply breath taking, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!