Colorful Life


Still working on my Hope You Can Cling To Challenges for Splitcoast Stampers.  I'll be sharing my cards for this card drive here and there over the next couple of months.

The challenge was to make your own background.  The first thing that came to mind was using a stencil with some Distress Inks.  You never know how they'll turn out but I'm quite happy with this one :)

If you haven't tried this technique, simply ink up your stencil, preferably one with some white space. Mist it with water and turn it over onto your watercolor paper.  Take a rag and press down...let it sit for a while before lifting the stencil off your paper.  Then allow it to dry before you stamp on it.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow and Ranger watercolor
Ink:  Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, Hero Arts Black
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Way With Words
All the other stuff:  TCW Harlequin circles stencil, water mister, enamel dots, sequins

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes

Back soon with more my sweet friends...