Embrace Imperfection

Tuesday, September 9, 2014


It's time for a Make Your Mark Challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More!  One of my faves...ok...if truth be known they are all my faves...I love the variety of these challenges *grin*.


Our sponsor this week is StitchyBear Stamps:



                    And the Prize - 3 images up to $10.  So please come play along with us!

Do you ever make a card that you are mostly happy with, but some little oops happens?  Hence the title of my post.  The Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs that I've used aren't meant to be used in the whole...he shows them partially rubbed on to create some interest, so I've done that for several of them, but wanted the "a beautiful world" intact...sadly it moved and the beautiful is falling...lol. Some days you're the windshield...and some days you're the bug right?

On to the making of this imperfect card.  I stamped the dragonflies and used Distress Markers, water and a small watercolor brush to color the wings.  Once they were dry, I used Ranger Glossy Accents for some shine.  Next I added the Remnant Rubs and then finished off the card by scribbling the markers onto my craft sheet and then misting it with water.  I took my brush and "painted" just with water where I'd be adding the color and then dropped the colors in randomly and haphazardly.  Love the look!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper and Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Inkadinkado Gemstone Insects
All the other stuff:  water, small paint brush, Mowed Lawn Distress Marker, Peacock Feather Distress Marker, Broken China Distress Marker, Tim Holtz Botanical Remnant Rubs, Ranger Glossy Accents

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More #112 - Make Your Mark
Stamplorations:  September Challenge - Stamps & Markers

21 comments

  1. What a beautiful card Lee-Anne, I really love the dragonflies, and the sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the delicate wings and the shine too! As for imperfection - looks fab to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think it all looks perfect anyway. The dragonflies are just stunning and I love the watery background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the beautiful falls, I thought it was meant too, I love you felt brave to leave it like this, I am not a fan do do overs! The whole card had a stunning design. And love the sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a perfect card! so amazing! love the design and the coloring .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am partial to dragonflies and butterflies - and this card has both. Pretty "perfect" in my book! Thanks for reminding us to embrace imperfection. As an interior designer friend of mine told me once "if you look closely, nothing in nature is perfect - and that's why we find it so pleasing". Awesome card Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgoues dragon-flies-card, Lee-Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning Lee-Ann and the touch of shine on the wings puts them over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great, there are no mistakes only happy accidents. Love the butterflies and dragonflies against the watery background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I notice only stunning beauty on this card of yours, which means that the 'accident' was meant to be! In awe!! I think you should share it over at Mrs. A's butterfly challenge blog, where "bugs" are the theme! This gem certainly wants as wide an audience as possible (as do all your creations!)
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous ... love the way you've done the background ... will have to give that a try. Your dragonflies are so beautiful ... love the colors and the shine with the glossy accents. I would never have noticed your "falling" sentiment except that you pointed it out :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card, Lee-Anne! I love how you placed the dragonflies and butterflies, and your water coloring is so pretty! Honestly, I never noticed an issue with the sentiment...to me, this card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Lee-Anne, I love those dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS - thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lee-Anne. This is beautiful, love your soft colouring ... and as for the 'falling beautiful' it looks perfect to me as it fits the style of the card, it adds a touch of Vintage feel. Have a lovely day and thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is gorgeous, and I would not have noticed the little imperfection if you hadn't pointed it out. I think we see our own cards so differently than anyone else who is looking at them. I was mesmerised by the gorgeous dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this. Gorgeous watercolouring, wonderful colours and the added glossiness is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like I have been missing a lot... and this one is such a master piece. Fab design, the wash of colors here and these is so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful results using your markers for watercoloring. I love the imperfection of the card. Wonderful design. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!