Dazzling Diva Challenge #44 Tarnished Metal Leaves

Wednesday, September 24, 2014


Hello my sweet friends!  It's time for another Dazzling Diva Challenge, and this week it's a color challenge.  We're using fall colors of the craft metal sheets and including at least three of the following:   Outrageously Orange, Bronze, Gold, Dark Chocolate or Copper.  Just look at this gorgeous fall photo...fabulous inspiration right?



I always love playing with different techniques and coloring mediums so decided to give my leaves a tarnished look today.  After each leaf was die cut from the different craft metals, I sanded them just a bit.  Then, using PITT Artist Pens, I started adding some colors, but made sure to allow the beauty of the metal still show through. One of my favorite things about these metal sheets is the versatility. You can die cut, emboss, bend and shape it, color it and yes, tarnish it!

Here's a close up showing the patina on the maple leaf:



All the die cut leaves have been embedded into the embossed panel.  The sentiment has been stamped in StazOn on the Outrageously Orange.  And a happy accident occurred.  My cutting plates are getting quite old and marked and it gave the metal a really neat look. Don't you just love a happy accident? It's been backed with a die cut piece of Ellen Hutson's Craft A Board.  That stuff is awesome for adding stability to die cuts!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazill Marshmallow
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Seriously Awesome
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro; Add a Little Dazzle craft metal sheets in Outrageously Orange, Gold, and Copper; Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies, Lifestyle Crafts Arrows and Banners die, Spellbinders EL-009 M-Bossabilities folder, Kelly Purkey mixed color sequins, adhesives, Ellen Hutson Craft A Board, sanding block, PITT Artist Pens in terracotta, walnut brown and cobalt green

Would love to see you join us for this fun challenge!  Use of  AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them!  There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  Add a Little Dazzle craft metals sheets are available here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

6 comments

  1. Wow Lee-Anne those leaves are really amazing! Beautifully done! Hope all is well with you, I am just starting to get back in the groove. Have a fantastic day!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design :) The embossing adds a great dimension to the design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do love happy accidents....if I have to have one, that is. LOL Your leaves are gorgeous. I'll have to check out the Craft A Board. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful leaves! Happy accidents are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thank you for your sweet comment! :)
    Wow, your card is stunning, love the metal leaves within the embossed panel, so cool! Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!