Dazzling Diva #41 Celebrate

Wednesday, September 3, 2014


Time for another Add a Little Dazzle Dazzling Diva challenge everyone.  Today we are featuring a technique challenge...the double glitter technique:


Lucky me...I was the recipient of some stencils that my sweet friend, Loll, made for me and thought this was the perfect way to show one of them off.

I've cut a sheet of Scor-Tape double sided adhesive paper to the size of my card front and attached it. Then, I lifted off the protective backing from the top side of it.  After inking my plastic stencil with lots of Versamark, I placed it on top of the card.

Then using a small spoon I added the dark brown glitter to the areas where I wanted it and burnished it with my fingers.  Then I shook the excess off onto a sheet of paper and put it back in the jar.  Next I used some turquoise Distress Glitter to the rest of the areas and again burnished with my finger.  Since some of the brown came off with this, I put it in a baggie for use on another project.

And finally, after carefully lifting the stencil away, I added my third color of glitter.  Again, the excess was put in a baggie as it was contaminated with the other colors.  That's ok and will work great for another project. The sentiment has been die cut from a Dark Rich Chocolate Add a Little Dazzle craft metal sheet and simply glued onto the card.

As a final hint...playing with glitter can be messy, is messy!  A Swiffer cloth works wonders to clean up the inevitable mess.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Stamps:  none
Ink:  Versamark
All the other stuff:  Add a Little Dazle Dark Rich Chocolate craft metal sheet,  Big Shot Pro, MFT Accent-It Celebrate die-namics, Silhouette Fishscale Brick Overlay stencil from my friend Loll, Stickles Dry Fine Glitter in Cinnamon, Distress Glitter in Broken China, Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz glitter, Scor-Tape double sided adhesive sheet and Tombow adhesive.

Would love to see you join us for this fun challenge!  Use of  AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them!  There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  Add a Little Dazzle craft metals sheets are available here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

11 comments

  1. That pic was my favourite background colour! Love your card and the multi colours- so effective and beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you look as though you've had fun with all this glitter, such a sparkly profusion. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stencils from Loll and I love all the glitter. I just made a card with the dbl sided paper and glitter. It is just uploaded to SCS and not my blog yet. This card has awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I like the glittering effects on your card. And it's so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Fantastic card, love your colors.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous work of art ! awesome design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What insanely gorgeous sparkle :) Thanks for sharing your awesome technique.

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty
    Stampin On Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous technique ... love these colors of glitter together!! I need to give this a try. I did this technique after watching a Jennifer McGuire video, but it didn't turn out well for me (hmmmm ... I think I missed the burnishing part!). Will have to try again ... this is so pretty! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this Lee Anne the colours work perfectly together and i love the stencil you used too.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lee Anne such gorgeous, glittery, glimmery, shimmery loveliness ... just stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!