Watermelon Leaves

Monday, August 11, 2014


Well, I seem to excel at being behind these days.  I've been taking following the Stretch Yours Stamps 2 class from Online Card Classes .  I say more following, as this is my first practice piece and it started a week ago!!!  Life has been getting in the way of stamping again, and I expect that for the foreseeable future.

The incomparable Debby Hughes showed us some wonderful techniques in random stamping today.  Suffice it to say that my first ummm 12 or so tries were not exactly stellar.  This is more what I had in mind, but it's still going to take some practice.

And, since I haven't played with the CAS challenge over at Splitcoast in quite some time, thought it was high time for that!  The challenge is to use watermelon colors on your card, so that's how I chose my color palette today.

Once the stamping was complete (I used the kissing technique), I added a die cut sentiment in black, then a smattering of sequins and done!  I absolutely adore the font used for that sentiment don't you?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Nina Solar White
Ink:  Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Pale Tomato, Lime Green, and Forever Green
Stamps:  Avery Elle Modern Leaves and WPlus9 Borders and Backgrounds
All the other stuff:  Lil' Inker Smile word die, Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine sequins, Tombow adhesive

Challenges:
Splitcoast Stampers CAS285:  watermelon colors

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

10 comments

  1. Love the colors in this Lee-Anne and the added sequins. Love the colors..this just made me smile! Hope your having a great summer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of "watermelon colours"! Love it, and that smile die is fabulous! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Lee-Anne! Love the colour combo against the big smile sentiment. (I'm also way behind on homework.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your leaves…so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got drawn with your colorful card! Love that sentiment's font!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job on this technique, Lee-Anne! I love the stamp that you chose and the beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, love those watermelon colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this technique Lee-Anne! Will have to give it a try. Those leaves look amazing in the watermelon colors. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The overlapping stamped leaves look awesome , great design and colors !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!