There's Those Blues and Greens Again

Monday, August 18, 2014


Don't you find that you gravitate towards some colors when designing cards?  These happen to be the first colors I grab; and if I don't stop myself they would find their way onto all my cards.  Sometimes I will make a concerted effort to put them back and try something else, but not today *smile*.

Playing along with a couple of challenges over at Splitcoast today, both of which call for stencils.

I placed the star stencil on my paper and then stamped the alphabet stamp through the openings in the stencil by just "walking" my fingers over the stamp.  Then, I used a mini ink blending tool to sponge two of the colors through the stencil over top of what I'd just stamped.

A simple stamped sentiment and some strategically placed sequins and done!  Strategically you ask?...well there were a couple of "uh ohs" on my card and magically the sequins came to the rescue...whew!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Faded Jeans Distress Ink, Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Wendy Vecchi from A to Z and Altenew Superscript
All the other stuff:  Dylusions stencil, Ranger mini ink blending tool, Simon Says Stamp sequins, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, adhesive

Challenges:
TLC495 Splitcoast Stampers stencil stamping
CAS286 Splitcoast Stampers use a stencil

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



5 comments

  1. Such a cool starry card :) I agree with you , we always get hooked to few color but as long as the card is good, it doesn't really bother me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. blues and greens are my favorites, too! This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and techniques Lee-Anne. Don't you love little embellishments for those uh-oh moments! I am such a messy crafter that I usually have ink or something that I don't want somewhere on my work lol. I really love that big bold stamp too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card - and as a non card maker I actually understood how you did this one! Tee Hee. And of course, when in doubt, use a smattering of sequins. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this design and technique Lee-Anne! ... oh, and the colors :) Love your "strategically" placed sequins - perfect as always. I don't know if you've noticed, but I've added sequins on my last two cards :) ... all because of you! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!