Sympathy Bokeh


Saying goodbye to my sweet friend tomorrow will be tough...and of course I needed to get a card made for Susan's girls and son.  I saw a fabulous YouTube tutorial from Dawn over at WPlus9 called Bokeh Made Easy.  It was fun and not difficult to do at all.  Of course Dawn's versions are amazing...oh that girl is so talented!

So following her directions, I used two shades of watercolor paint to create my background, followed by stencilling the bokeh "dots" with white craft ink.  Next I die cut a feather and stamped it with some grey ink. Once that was dry, I stamped the sentiment in black.

There are nine sequins on this card, one for each of her beautiful grandchildren (see the one hiding on the feather?).  The feather has significance too...her family will understand.  Wanted to really personalize this for them.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper and Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Watering Can and Jet Black Archival Ink, and Hero Arts Unicorn
Stamps:  PTI Feather Finery and Simon Says Stamp Flower Friend
All the other stuff:  cobalt and cobalt violet watercolor paints, brush, Big Shot Pro, PTI Feather Finery die collection, Simon Says Stamp sequins, Kool Tak clear foam adhesive, Tombow adhesive, tweezers

Back soon with more my sweet friends...