Shiny Heart Love

Thursday, August 28, 2014


Playing along with the CASology challenge this week...cue card is "letter".  What better than a love letter right?  And this one is for my sweet hubby...we're celebrating our 39th anniversary this weekend (yes I got married when I was 12 hehehe).  Seriously...where does the time go???

As soon as I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to use my Add a Little Dazzle Scarlet Red craft metal for the heart, and I knew I wanted to use these dies from Verve, so it came together very quickly.  The "U" is also die cut from the AALD craft metal, but it's in Dark Rich Chocolate which passes for black very nicely and has more of a matte finish which is so cool.  I also die cut some Ellen Hutson Craft-a-Board as backing for my die cuts...works beautifully with the craft metal!

Layered over a little cheesecloth and added the required smattering of sequins and done!

Add a Little Dazzle is the sponsor over at CASology this week, and up for grabs...a $25 Gift Certificate to their boutique.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  none
Stamps:  none
All the other stuff:  Add a Little Dazzle Scarlet Red craft metal sheet, Add a Little Dazzle Dark Rich Chocolate craft metal sheet, Big Shot Pro, Verve I Heart You die set, Verve Wavy Hearts die set, cheesecloth, Tombow Adhesive, Simon Says Stamp sequins, Ellen Hutson Craft-a-Board

Challenges entered:
CASology 110:  cue card "letter" (layered CAS)
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


13 comments

  1. This is a great idea Lee-Ann, that metallic heart is gorgeous.
    Hubster and I celebrated our 37th yesterday, time flies when you're having fun! Congrats. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graet card - way to flash the Verve too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking card Lee Ann! it truly stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that red metal looks! This romantic but still perfect for a husband! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Those metals look so beautiful together ... especially on the cheesecloth background (need to get me some of that!) :) Your design is so creative and clever. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lee-Anne! I love the metallic red with the contrast of the black letter, and your cheesecloth was such a fun idea! Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card! i love how striking it looks against the white background :) Thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! Great card - love all of the texture combined with the bold graphic U :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun Lee-Anne.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that shiny heart and the sequins!! Of course, the message this card sends is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a striking card, love that gorgeous red heart. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a genius design :) love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!