Dazzling Divas Challenge #40

Wednesday, August 27, 2014


It's time for another Dazzling Diva Challenge, and it's a color challenge this week...Pucker Me Pink and Outrageously Orange:


I've had this Julie Nutting doll stamp for a while, just waiting for the right time to ink it up.  Thought it would be fun for this challenge and easy to keep CAS.

First off stamped the image and sentiment in black.  Then stamped the top and skirt in StazOn onto the craft metal sheets.  I love working with these sheets...so many options for them, whether it be front and center like this design, as a beautiful metallic accent, or as a embossed background...so many options!

Once the skirt and top were fussy cut, I popped parts of them up with foam tape...the bottom of the skirt to add dimension and movement and her top, again to give dimension.  I just added a few sequins as I wanted the gorgeous metal to be front and center.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and black StazOn
Stamps:  Prima Julie Nutting "Megan" and Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons
All the other stuff:  Add a Little Dazzle Pucker Me Pink craft metal sheet and Add a Little Dazzle Outrageously Orange craft metal sheet, Tim Holtz scissors, foam adhesive, ATG, Simon Says Stamp sequins, Tombow adhesive, tweezers.

Would love to see you join us for this fun challenge!  Use of  AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them!  There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.  Add a Little Dazzle craft metals sheets are available here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

7 comments

  1. Mind blowing :) brilliant idea and execution !

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING design! Love how this image is lets the metals be the star! Fabulous image and perfectly CAS design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You did an amazing job with these colors, Lee-Anne! I really love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever way to use the metal - love the hot pink and orange dress! I would never have thought of using that stamp but it works perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply amazing, Lee Anne! And to think those dolls are sitting on my desk! LOL! I love the movement you are able to give the skirt by molding the metal. Just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!