Playing with Gelatos

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


It's time for another Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge...today it's a CAS challenge.

Three digis are up for grabs from our fabulous sponsor for the week:



Haven't played with my Gelatos for a while, so thought it was time.  Three different colors were scribbled on my craft mat and lightly misted with water.  Then, using a small paint brush, I picked up the colors and dotted them on my flowers and leaves, just sort of randomly.

Next comes a liberal dose of Wink of Stella for some real sparkle, a stamped sentiment and a smattering of sequins.  And for something different, I layered it over a colored card base for a change.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock and SU! Certainly Celery
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Penny Black Charming and Altenew Label Love
All the other stuff:  Margarita Mix, Snow Cone and Metallic Mint Gelatos; water mister, paint brush, Wink of Stella, Pretty Pink Posh aquamarine sequins and adhesive

Challenges entered:
Addicted to Stamps & More #104:  CAS

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

16 comments

  1. This is beautiful, Lee-Anne. Great choice of colours and of course that Wink of Stella is touch is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I like the bold sentiment in contrast to the delicate flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne! I really like the soft colors you used on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this card on the DT blog, I couldn't wait to see it up close...Your water coloring is absolutely stunning on your flowers and leaves, and I love how you added sparkle with your WOS marker! Gorgeous card, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous mix of colours and the added sparkle is just perfect. This is CAS perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that coloured base is absolutely perfect and just brings out the colours even more. I think you made the right decision as it all would have been lost on a white base. Great card, Lee-Anne - perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie is right the coloured base card makes the colours in the flowers stand out perfectly. Good decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LeeAnne - I'm swooning over how beautiful and delicate your card is! Those flowers, shimmering with sparkle, are ever so pretty! I agree with Kylie: the coloured card-stock sure adds impact! WOW!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lee-Anne. Beautifully coloured blooms. Love the bold sentiment. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply gorgeous. I love, love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you have colored your flowers with the gelatos. So pretty! The colors you used really blend nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beauty :) I love the subtle look of the flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful combination of stamps. And you obviously get along better with your Gelatos than I do - must try watercoloring with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Lee-Anne. Love the soft colors and the sparkle from the WoS. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty design, Lee-Anne! Love the colors and the shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!