Smile... It's All Good

Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Yes, this is a departure from my Online Card Class today...I'm in the process of re-organizing my little studio and just decided to do a quick card for the color challenge over at Splitcoast.  I love this color combination...black, white and pool party (or a reasonable facsimile).  And, for dessert...stenciling. I loves me a good stencil *grin*.

Decided to use the rough side of the water color paper...cool texture don't you think?  Just a simple stencil with a bit of ink to mimic the pool party color, then I flicked some water on it so there are little dribbles here and there.

The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory...and of course, it's finished with the obligatory smattering of sequins.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Distress Water Color paper and SU! Basic Black
Ink:  Hero Hues Black and Salty Ocean Distress Ink
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Everyday Greetings
All the other stuff:  Memory Box Leaf and Berry stencil, baker's twine, sequins, button, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

Back soon with more my friends...


5 comments

  1. This is beautiful, the soft blue with the black, and that wonderful sentiment, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo. Gorgeous watercolored stenciling. And I love the sequins!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great card. I like black combined with soft blue here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the blue and black together and such a gorgeous background.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Lee-Anne! Mod mixed media and it looks terrific! The black and turquoise is great! Figuring out where I can get a varied supply of sequins!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!