Graffiti Wall

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


Audrie has shared a wonderful tutorial over at Splitcoast today that actually fits right in with the Water Color Online Card Class I'm taking right now.  It's called Embossing Folder Stamping.

My interpretation is what I'd call fairly loose...didn't quite end up with the desired result, so I sprayed a wee bit more water on the water color paper after I'd lifted it off of the embossing folder.  Fun effect isn't it?

Once that was dry, just stamped a bunch of Mama Elephant sentiment on my "wall" in a graffiti-like manner, and of course added a smattering of sequins.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  water color paper and SU! Basic Black
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Smitten and Mama Elephant Say What
All the other stuff:  Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Distress Paints, water mister, Tim Holtz bricked embossing folder, sequins, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


6 comments

  1. This is beautiful Lee Anne :) I love the water coloring effect with the embossing folder !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with ATSM and good luck with the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bar code. The sentiments fit perfectly with the graffiti design. What if all "taggers" printed these kinds of words on walls?! Maybe you can start a movement Lee-Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool effect from this technique. Have to try it with the watercolor paper --- such a good idea! :) Love your color combo ... orange and pink is my favorite! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your background and TFS the link to the SCS tutorial too! Your colors are wonerful and i treally like how you did the different areas. The sentiments are great with the black against them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your graffiti wall! The colors on the background are beautiful. Love the look of that! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!