Gelatos Dogwood

Thursday, May 8, 2014


Today, I'm sharing the softer side of watercoloring.  To this point I've used lots of bold colors and today, went for a much softer look.

The dogwoods have been stamped using Gelatos, then I added some Distress Glitter to the centers for a wee bit of sparkle.   I've done a soft pink wash across the background and added more texture with a background stamp.  Another Winnie & Walter sentiment...can you tell I love these stamps???  And finally...a smattering of clear sequins.

If you're looking for some on line classes that are fun, packed full of techniques and tips, the Online Card Classes are simply amazing.  I'm thoroughly enjoying this Watercolor Class!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Distress Watercolor paper and SU! Basic Gray (looks much darker in my picture!)
Ink:  Archival Watering Can
Stamps:  Hero Arts, Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and The Happy, Club Scrap (texture stamp)
All the other stuff:  Gelatos, water spritzer, paint brush, adhesive, Distress Glitter, sequins

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Spring Flowers
Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS
STAMPlorations:  Stamps & Flowers

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

30 comments

  1. Lovely card Lee.. Love the colors.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I love this technique and can't wait to try it later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its breathtaking! so soft and lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely effect achieved using the Gelatoes. I had a set gifted to me at Easter instead of chocolate, but had not used mine to a lack of time. You have inspired me to have a play. Thank you for sharing your lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Britt! Hope you enjoy your play time :)

      Delete
  5. What a perfect stamp to use. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee-Anne I LOVE this! I have to try using this image and the butterfly that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack, this is gorgeous! Now I wish I had taken that class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, I am signing up for these classes! I love, love, love this card and can't wait to see what you do next! Delightful card. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty - these flowers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card - the soft pastel colours are so pretty, and I do like the touch of sparkle. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Really stands out in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! ... beautiful and soft. Glad you're having so much fun with the course! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was here yesterday and when I saw this beautiful card you did with gelatos, I went off on a tangent looking for them. LOLOL This is so elegant and beautiful, Lee-Anne!! It really should be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it Lee Anne so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lee-Anne. Love the soft colours and watercolour stamping. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Thinking on, your card would also qualify for the 'Stamps & Flowers' Challenge at STAMPlorations (http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-challenge-stamps-flowers.html
    Hope to see you there. Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry forgot to say: Good Luck with the DT call.

      Delete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous! So perfect in its simplicity and soft colors. A true gem of a creation. Thanks so much for joining us at ATS&M. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I finally had a chance to come back and catch up with your homework! Wow, are you ever good at watercoloring, Lee-Anne, whether in bold colors or with a soft palette! This work of art featuring dogwoods should be framed!! I am so excited to get back to class (I'm quite behind) and take a stab at watercoloring with Gelatos! Enjoy the class and thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful, elegant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm delighted to be popping back to congratulate you on the well-deserved HM honor from ATSM, Lee-Anne! Yippie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lee -Anne
    Fabulous card... I have that stamp ... Will try it out....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful !! though I am late to comment but it better late than never :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Doesn't get any lovelier than this for our Stamps and Flowers challenge, Lee-Anne. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!