Faux Watercolor Butterfly

Wednesday, May 7, 2014


Another card for the Online Card Class Watercolor Class.  This is a fabulous class, but let me tell you...it is challenging!!!  What's really great about it is all the different mediums you can work with.  For instance, my background is true watercolor paint, but my butterfly is done with Distress Markers.  There is so much to learn about...how different mediums react with water...what works...what doesn't...

As, I've previously said, I will  not be sharing the details of the classes.  Although I am a true believer in sharing what I know...this is a paid class with fabulous instructors...they deserve the credit and the payment for the class.

What I will share with you about this card is a bit about the blue background...see the dots on the lower left and the harlequin pattern up the right side?  I pressed a stencil onto my finished card and lifted some of the watercolor off with a baby wipe to create that effect...cool right???

Wish you could see the beautiful shimmer from the Wink of Stella marker on the butterfly...guess you'll just have to use your imagination *grin*.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Distress Watercolor Paper, Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Penny Black, Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold & You
All the other stuff:  Grumbacher Academy paints, Distress Markers, sequins, adhesive, baby wipes, TCW Mini Harlequin Circles stencil, Wink of Stella marker

Challenges entered:
Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

14 comments

  1. You really mastered the background technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, Lee-Anne! They are plain beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the colors and the super positive message. I need to check out this class - can you share the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the link at the top of your blog - thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love this background and the butterfly really jumps out-perfect colour choice. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and good lick with the DT call

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. The "smattering" works with water colour too. Lovely. But then I am partial to butterflies. Am partial to the smattering too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vibrant colors and the simplicity of this card! The blue and orange look so great together. Thank you for using our sentiments on your card and for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a gorgeous watercolour and the butterfly is lovely. The bold sentiment is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    PS I must sign up for the class, looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card Lee-Anne. Two great techniques from the class and another one of your own (removing ink with stencil - so very clever!). Love this color combo ... and your butterfly is so beautiful. And, of course, perfectly placed sequine! :) I've been learning from you :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so lovely and uplifting with the wonderful vibrant colors! and oh, yes, I am taking the stencil class and the watercolor is next, of course!! Your are really a bad influence.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are enjoying the water colors, love every single card u create :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!