Day One OCC Watercolor Class - card two

Monday, May 5, 2014


My second card for the OCC Watercolor class today.  This one's been inspired by a technique shared by Laura Bassen, but I put my own little spin on it.

I don't feel that it's right to provide details on the class techniques, as these instructors have worked very hard to provide the information to paid students, so you will not see full details of my cards while I'm taking the class.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  watercolor paper and SU! Black Black
Stamps:  Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold and the Happy, Penny Black
Inks:  Ranger Archival Jet Black and Distress Inks in Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass and Picked Raspberry
All the other stuff:  MFT buttons, embroidery thread, glass stamping blocks, water mister

Back soon with more my friends...


15 comments

  1. Such pretty watercoloring, Lee-Anne, and the color are so vibrant. Cute way to use those buttons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is also fabulous and I especially LOVE the colors your chose and how you added the water drops to get that wonderful "Tim" effect from the Distress Inks. Great sentiment and a great flower stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love the bright bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is awesome! And, we love how the Hello stands out on it! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, too! The addition of the buttons is inspired!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Great colors, great design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.great card. loving this class

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the gallery

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT background and I have that flower image as well and just love it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic background! It's beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I want to take this class. I love the colors and look on this card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are in the watercolor mood! This card is also wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing..very effective use of the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors are really awesome and the water drops are beautiful the way they look like another color is behind them! Very nice and the buttons look great the way you mounted them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!