Crazy Stitched Butterfly

Friday, May 16, 2014


Yes, I've been MIA lately...life has been getting in the way of my favorite thing...stamping *grin*.  But, I'm back today with a card featuring a wonderful technique from none other than Mr. Fabulous...Tim Holtz.  This is Day 11 of the Online Card Classes Watercoloring class...I am way behind, but wanted to do something with one of the techniques today.

Once I completed the background with his technique and it was completely dry, I gold embossed the floral image.  Then using my Distress re-inkers I colored the flowers.  The little butterfly is dry embossed, water colored and then crazy stitched.  And when I say crazy, oh I mean crazy...I didn't want neat...I wanted just plain crazy.

The sentiment has been stamped on vellum and stitched onto the card.  No sequins were harmed in the making of today's card *big smile*.  Yes, I know...you haven't seen many of my cards without them lately have you?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Canson watercolor paper, SU! Rose Red, vellum
Ink:  Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean Distress Inks; Versafine
Stamps:  Hero Arts (flowers), Avery Elle (sentiment)
All the other stuff:  TCW mini sketch grid stencil, water mister, gold embossing powder, heat gun, Lil' Inker Stitched Butterflies dies, sewing machine, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Virginia's View:  stitching

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

7 comments

  1. This is gorgeous Lee Anne, love the water colors and the stitching on the butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous water colors, Lee-Anne! And your stitching really adds the element of fun to it! Thanks so much for entering Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee-Anne, what a fun card with the funky stitching and fabulous watercoloring. I know you're having fun with that class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee-Anne
    Fabulous card... Love the Stitched message.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool! LOVE your background technique ... but the way you've finished the card with the gold embossing and then watercolor is AMAZING! And, love your crazy stitching! :) If I was to add stitching, that's how it would be, but not on purpose :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee-Anne, I love everything about it, from that beautiful watercolor BG and flowers to the great embossing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!