Bee Strong

Wednesday, May 28, 2014


A very clean and simple design for a few challenges today.

I've embossed the card three times with a hexagon die.  Then die cut three little bits of paper to fit within the hexagons.  They've been popped up with foam tape.

A simple stamped sentiment, and a fussy cut bee complete this very simple card.  The little bee has Wink of Stella wings but sadly it just doesn't show up in the picture.  I've added the black stripes to the bee with a black marker and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow and MME Lost & Found Two Sunshine
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Circle Friends
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT hexagon Die-namics, SU! Basic Black marker, foam tape, Wink of Stella pen

Challenges entered:
ATSM97:  make your mark
Card Concept 11:
CASology 97:

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

16 comments

  1. Love. The embossing with the die looks great, I have this die so should give it a go! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee-Anne. Great CAS card. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I like the used of patterns :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of this card! Cool embossing and dies! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CAS beauty!!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you combined hexagon embossing and die. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week. May

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your CAS concept its reall cuutee that three hexagon and the BEE cute cuteeee card...

    I joined too the Card Concept challenge...my card is #9 if you would love to see it and I would be so happy if you leave me some love too...big hugs from Germany, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really clever! I love your embossing and your paper-pieced bee. Great designer papers too. It all works so harmoniously.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a clever use of that hexagon die! I will use that idea for sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous CAS design Lee-Anne. Love the embossing and the randomly placed, patterned, and popped up hexagons. The bee is so sweet! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hexagon treatment. Duh me here!! I am trying to figure out how you got the embossed hexagon without the complete hex line? The add of the DP hexes in diff colors and your bee is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the embossing, and the choices you made for fitting those hexagons on there. It's like a fine puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Lee-Anne - your bee card is simply adorable!! The embossing, the hexagons and your sweet little bumble...LOVE this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Great layout and use of this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely darling!! What a cute cute CAS card! This is my top pick! So happy you played with us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!