Wonderful Alcohol Inks

Friday, April 25, 2014


Time to jump in with both feet and enter a Design Team Call.  This card is for the CASE Study Design Team Call.  I love the diversity of the challenges put forth each week...so many fabulous muses!

My muse for my DT Call design is the uber-talented Deepti Malik.  Her style is amazing!  Here's her card that inspired me to make this card:


Deepti, thank you for inspiring me and for your sweet comments on my designs.  I truly treasure both your thoughtfulness and your amazing talent!

If you haven't noticed yet, I love playing with different techniques and styles, although I stay fairly true to the CAS form of design.

There's a wonderful technique over at Splitcoast Stampers called Faux Glass Flowers.  Since I wanted to use a wafer thin die, I ended up using Clearly for Art Modeling Film rather than recycling plastic packaging.  It is much easier to use a steel ruled die for this technique, but I like a challenge and made it work with a thin die.

My Penny Black die was well-taped to the film with washi tape.  It has to be well taped in order to run the die through your machine several times.  A thin metal shin really helps too!  There was a wee bit of trimming to be done with my craft knife, but it wasn't a lot.  I normally remove the negative part of this die when using it, but in this case it was easier just to leave it attached.

Next, comes the fun...playing with alcohol inks.  They've been collecting dust in my craft room and needed a little love.  I just used three colors on the flower and three colors on the leaves and stem; and blended until I was satisfied with the depth and look.

A bit of stamping for the border, a simple stamped sentiment and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Hero Arts Black and Passion Flower
Stamps:  Avery Elle Woodgrain and More and Mama Elephant Everyday Greetings
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Penny Black Rose die, Clearly for Art Modeling Film, alcohol inks, ink blending tool, blending solution, washi tape, Xyron create-a-sticker

Challenges entered:
CASE Study Design Team Call
CASology #92 - cue card - garden (there will be roses in my garden in a couple of months)
Less is More #168 - makes me smile (playing in my craft room and gardening)

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

9 comments

  1. Wow, your card is fabulous! I'd like to learn faux glass technique you used to create a gorgeous flower. Thanks for sharing a link. Thanks again for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Lee-Anne. I love your faux glass flower and leaves - the depth of color is amazing! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks simply terrific... it makes me smile to look at it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God!!! Lee Anne I am honored :) you just made my day with ur sweet words, I am so glad I could inspire you. Your card is totally awesome love the faux glass look and the colors you picked :)
    Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stylish card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with your stenciled areas. I really like how you did your flower compared to SCS! Saved to CAS hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee-Anne, both of these cards are stunning! I'm not a fan of purple but your cards might be a good reason to become one! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!