Subtle Optimism

Sunday, April 20, 2014




Hello my sweet friends and Happy Easter!

Playing along with a few challenges today.  First off, I've used the gorgeous color combo from Colour Me #16 - pistachio pudding, blushing bride, calypso coral and a neutral.  Since I don't have all the colors, I've used similar colors of Distress Inks.

The three shades of Distress Inks were sponged through a stencil and lightly misted with water.  Then I added more droplets of water with my fingers.  Once that was dry, I dribbled some gold Color Shine across the paper.

Next the sentiment and little rows of triangles were stamped in black, I added a smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Distress Watercolor paper
Ink:  Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold; and Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Paper Crane
All the other stuff:  Memory Box Honeycomb stencil, water mister, Ranger mini ink blending tool and foam, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins, Tombow adhesive, Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine

Challenges entered:
Colour Me#16:
Splitcoast Stampers Mix 64:  mist, splash, spray, squirt
Splitcoast Stampers FS376

Back soon with more my friends...

10 comments

  1. I love this card! The collage look is gorgeous and the sequins are such a wonderful accent. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh... Love it! I just love distress inks and the stuff they can do, don't you? Your watercolour look, combined with the sequins and that sentiment are just perfect! Thanks for playing along at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and fresh, love this! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me…!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB.U.LOUS take on the color combo... this one is a real jaw-dropper, Lee-Anne!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and I love the stencils and pretty inks you used. The arrows are superb, along with the wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, this is so yummy pretty! I love the colors and how you used the stencils too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lee Anne the stenciled background is awesome with the sentiment and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... love this Lee-Anne. Beautiful color combo. Love the stenciling and water misting on the watercolor paper. The splashes of gold really add some bold color - so pretty! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll, Lee-Anne! I am back again to congratulate you on another win, this time at Colour Me!! Very well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God!! Lee Anne is is incredibly beautiful. Love the grunge stenciling and the sequins :) this is so inspiring !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!