Small Moments


I'm thrilled to be the Guest Designer for the JUGS challenges this month.  What a talented group of ladies!  Our challenge this week is a technique challenge...water colored backgrounds.

My background has been created using Distress Stains and a water mister.  The background stamp was dabbed with three colors of Distress Stain and then lightly misted with water before stamping on my water color paper.  Then I simply dropped the three different  stains from a couple of inches above my paper to create the splats.

While that was drying, I inked the same background stamp with Versamark and clear embossed the card base.  Next, I lightly distressed the edges of the water color piece.  The butterfly is die cut from the same paper as the card base and kissed with some Wink of Stella marker.  A simple stamped sentiment, a smattering of gold sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  water color paper and SU! Red Rose
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Versamark
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Everyday Greetings and Hero Arts Fresh Cut Pebble Pattern
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Simon Says Stamp Leanna butterfly die, Picked Raspberry Distress Stain, Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain, Dried Marigold Distress Stain, gold sequins, distressing tool, adhesives

Challenges entered:
JUGS #236 technique challenge:  water colored background



Back soon with more my friends...