She Stood in the Storm

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


A card of support for a wonderful member of Splitcoast Stampers who's working her way through a very difficult health issue.

I first placed the outline stencil on my watercolor paper.  Next I inked a background stamp with three different colors of Distress Markers and misted it with a little water before stamping through the stencil.  Once that was done, I used a Copic Multiliner to outline the stenciled image.

A simple stamped sentiment, a smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. and watercolor paper
Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Designs Stay Beautiful (sentiment) and Hero Arts Fresh Cut Pebble Pattern
All the other stuff:  TCW Mini Sally & Carly stencil; Broken China, Peeled Paint and Chipped Sapphire Distress Markers, water mister, Copic Multiliner, sequins, Tombow glue

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers CC472: Old Olive, Bermuda Bay & Navy
Splitcoast Stampers MMTPT296: for Kathleen
Virginia's View Challenge #2:  stencils

Back soon with more my friends...


11 comments

  1. This is so perfect, Lee-Anne! Love your use of stencil and the colors are just sophisticated! Your friend will truly appreciate this! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way u used the stencil, I also love the theme of ur card, so stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super creation, Lee-Anne. The sentiment is just perfect. I need to get a card made and in the mail, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card....the sentiment, the image. all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring card!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so creative and I know that Kathleen will love it ... perfect sentiment! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an impressive card. So meaningful. I'm so into watercolor these days. So many ways to use it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you did with your image is really wonderful and the sentiment made it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this technique. I never thought about stamping through a stencil, so will definitely be giving that one a go. Beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment x Beverley x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!