Pastel Birthday

Wednesday, April 9, 2014


The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I saw my first butterfly of the season the other day!  We had an amazing day yesterday, but today is a bit windy.  Nonetheless, the snow is disappearing and that makes my heart sing!

Now, let's get down to some card making shall we?  The card base has been dry embossed.  I've been using Bazzill Marshmallow the last few days and have to say...love that stuff!  It's a great weight to work with and the shade of white...just perfect for this stamper!

The focal panel has some heat embossed butterflies in the background.  They're made with Versmark ink and Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder...subtle but so pretty.  Then, for even more sparkle, I added some Distress Glitter...oooh gotta say I love that stuff!  I've used some SU! Heat & Stick Powder to add it to my card.

Then the sentiment was stamped over top with some Versafine ink.  A little dotted butterfly, a sequin and done!

Here's what I used: 
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow and unknown designer paper
Ink:  Versamark and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Impression Obsession (background butterfly), MFT Abstract Art (splotches) and Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons (sentiment)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Memory Box Pippi die, SU! Heat & Stick Powder, heat gun, Distress Glitter in Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass, Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder, Cuttlebug Charles embossing folder, distress tool, foam tape, Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequin, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Color Throwdown#287:  Soft Sky, Barely Banana and Pistachio Pudding
Card Concept #7:  butterflies (my style - clean and simple)
CAS(E) this sketch #71:

Back soon with more...

10 comments

  1. This is lovely!! I love the clear embossed butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so pretty, I especially love the soft butterflies on the background! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, Leigh Anne! I like the embossed base, distressed edges, the way you embossed the butterflies in the background, the splotches, that wonderful die cut butterfly and that awesome sentiment! it is really beautiful! I want to invite you to a blog hop a bunch of us are having Monday to request cards for a little 2 yer old girl who is doing chemo. There are lots of prizes on the main blog and several of us will have blog candy, including me. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful! Love the white on white butterflies in the BG and the hint of sparkle is such a fun element! Always great to see your cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Lee-Anne! So soft and pretty~Love the subtle butterflies and touch of sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooo pretty!! I love the white panel over the embossed white background! So classy looking! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I love the colours you've used and the gorgeous amount of texture and distressing you've added too! Thanks for joining us at The Car Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh.. This card makes my heart sing!! Wonderful use of the sketch and colors!! Thxs for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty... love that delicate butterfly. Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!