Mixed Media Tulips


A little mixed media today. 

The tulip image, which I love and has been sitting in a drawer for quite some time, was stamped in gold Delicata ink, as was the sentiment.  After several tries, it appears that my camera skills just cannot do this ink justice.  There's a distinct shimmer to the tulips and the sentiment doesn't look so washed out as it does in the picture...sigh.

Next, I heat set the Delicata before starting to color the tulips.  First I used a Distress Marker, followed by a couple of shades of Prismacolor pencils.  Then, some highlights were added in with a PITT artist pen. 

Added a smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K.
Ink:  Delicata ink in gold
Stamps:  Outlines Rubber Stamps
All the other stuff:  Faber-Castell PITT artists pens, Prismacolor pencils, Distress Markers, sequins, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers MIX-ability Challenge #62: tulips in a minimum of three mediums

Back soon with more my friends...