Mixed Media Chin Up Buttercup

Friday, April 18, 2014


Guest Designer for the JUGS (Just Us Girls) Challenge again this week!  Lucky me...I'm having a blast with the challenges!  What a wonderful group of designers! This week it's the color challenge...we're using blue, orange and a neutral.

I started out by adding bits of Distress Paint with an eye dropper and then blotting them lightly.  Then I added a few more bits of the paint with a tiny paint brush...just dabbing here and there.  Next, using a Tim Holtz stencil, I added some gesso.  Once that was dry, I added the die cut vellum branch and the die cut sentiment.

A smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow card stock, vellum and SU! Peach Parfait
Ink:  Hero Arts Black
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Say What
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, WPlus9 Timeless Tags 2 die, Hero Arts Spring Branch die, Tim Holtz Burlap stencil, gesso, spatula, Broken China Distress Paint, Wild Honey Distress Paint, paint brush, foam adhesive, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins, Tombow glue

Challenge entered:
Addicted to Stamps and More #91:  anything goes
JUGS#237 - blue, orange and any neutrals



Back soon with more my friends...

14 comments

  1. Fabulous!! Love the BG and splatter of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Great colors, great design and great texture ... this card has it ALL! :) Sorry I've been MIA lately. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the subtle touches of color and all of that great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE This trendy card - your pop of blue is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, Lee-Anne! Simply gorgeous!! Happy Spring!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee-Anne, this is fantastic! I love the mixed media thing you have going on. Very trendy use of these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an outstanding card Lee-Anne. Love the touch of color and the texture. Of course, the cute greeting from Mama Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really cute sentiment and love the paste with the stencil! The colors you chose really show off the texture great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous :) love the embossing paste and the vellum die cuts :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture and soft vellum branch. Great card. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely fabulous! LOVE all the texture and the design with the pop of color from the tag. Thanks so much for joining us at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not surprised and I'm really delighted to be back here congratulating you on the win at ATSM, Lee-Anne!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is terrific! The gesso work is refreshing. I am inspired by your creativity! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh this is gorgeous! I love the pops of color under your stencil design! Thanks for being a great guest this month! So sorry I didn't comment last week! Such a busy week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!