Formation Flying

Thursday, April 10, 2014



Time to use up some of the mountain of designer paper that I've somehow acquired!!!  How does that happen?

Had some fun with the MOJO Monday sketch...thought that was perfect for using up some of my paper.  My card base was stencilled with a bit of ink, some parts with more ink than others...didn't want it to look really uniform. Then I dry embossed some designer paper and matted it in black.  The sentiment banner has been inked in the same way as the card base.

The three paper cranes are just stamped and fussy cut in three more coordinating papers and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow, Gina K. and Cosmo Cricket Baby Jane
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Hero Arts Butter Bar
Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Paper Crane
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, SU! embossing folder, 1 1/4" square punch, scissors, MFT Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Simon Says Stamp medium dots stencil, sponge

Challenges entered:
MOJO Monday #340:

Paper Players Theme challenge #190: three spree (use 3 of any one thing on your card)



Colour Me #15: striking - Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight


Back soon with more my friends...

13 comments

  1. FAbulous combination of these challenges :) You nailed it!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a cool card, Lee-Anne. I LOVE the paper crane and your embossed fishtail banner looks super.
    How can I help but love the stencil...one of my favorite things these days.
    Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Lee-Anne! I love the embossed patterned paper. Great use of the sketch and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Lee-Anne! Love the embossed patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool cool cool card! Love the origami, love the polka dot stencilling, ADORE the embossed DP...what a cool design all around! Thanks for sharing and playing with my "three spree" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully done! Love the EF and papers (I have decided to set a rather strict rule to use what I have rather than add more new stuff - other than the odd sheet now and then LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous :) love how beautifully those patterns work together !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute- great mix of patterned papers and this fabulous sketch :) I love the stenciled and embossed details you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! I love the pop of texture. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card... love how you used the colors and those fun paper cranes!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I popped over from MOJO Monday. This card is amazing. Love all the texture, colors and great execution. TFS B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the textured DSP and that origami stamp... Thanks for playing along at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. how creative with the Cranes and all of the mounting. The colors are outstanding together and the card is just gorgeous and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!