Fabric Like Dreams

Tuesday, April 22, 2014



Having fun with a technique I haven't tried before.  I started by heat embossing the background stamp with white embossing powder on some water color paper.

Next, I used three different shades of Distress Paints and worked them into the flowers and surrounding branches with my fingers.  Once that was dry, I used paper towels and a hot iron to remove the embossing.  Had to repeat this a few times with fresh paper towels each time so that all the embossing was removed.  It left a really cool look...almost like fabric.  I think that the texture from the water color paper really intensified the look.

Then I cut out the tag shape out of the paper I'd just made, also cut a tag in the same Pacific Point and placed it back in the aperture.  Could have just stamped on the card base, but wanted the embossing from the tag to show through for a little more interest.

A smattering of enamel dots and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Pacific Point and water color paper
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps: Penny Black Sweetness and  Inkadinkado
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Reverse Confetti Tag Me die, Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint, Barn Door Distress Paint, Salty Ocean Distress Paint, white embossing powder, heat gun, iron, paper towels, Recollections enamel dots

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge #475:  Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Pacific Point

Back soon with more my dear friends...

6 comments

  1. A pretty card and really cool technique, or should I say 'hot'!! TFS how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Lee-Anne, and I think you're right about the texture from the watercolor paper. You used some awesome colors
    of Distress Paints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful !! Isn't it fun to experiment with new techniques and the best part is... the experiment is a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool technique and a very beautiful card. Love the bright pop of blue. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange, orange, everywhere! I am very partial to Monarch butterflies. Your card is the colour of Monarchs! And the sentiment is perfect! As always, you have chosen just the right "smattering".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!