Butterfly Collage

Saturday, April 26, 2014


Sometimes you need to push yourself outside your comfort zone and that's exactly what I've done today.  There were a few challenges that I felt could be combined in a fun sort of way.

Here's the inspiration for the CASE Study challenge:


And here's the inspiration for the Time Out #4 challenge:




Love the cool wood grain border image from Avery Elle...fun to play with!  Next comes a corrugated die cut tag tied with a bit of baker's twine.  The bird, stars and heart are all little wood veneer pieces...the bird and heart have been inked and heat embossed, the stars are left in their natural state.
The die cut butterfly has been sprinkled with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter which adds a subtle sparkle.  I punched a 2" circle for the sentiment and it's been popped up with foam tape. 

Yes, there's that familiar smattering of sequins again...just can't help myself *grin* and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Basic Gray, corrugated white, Echo Park This & That
Ink:  Avery Elle Lemon Grass, Avery Elle Raspberry, Hero Arts Black
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Say What
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Reverse Confetti Tag Me die, Lil' Inker Stitched Butterflies die, 2" circle punch, Studio Calico wood veneer, sponges, clear embossing powder, matte embossing powder, heat gun, baker's twine, Pretty Pink Posh aquamarine sequins, Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Tombow adhesive, foam tape

Challenges entered:
CASE Study #188
Time Out #4 with a twist:  I've used florals, twine, sequins and some of the same colors but created a different sort of collage feel with mine
Splitcoast Inspiration challenge

Back soon with more my friends...

9 comments

  1. Wow the texture in this is fabulous and I love how you have layered all these elements. Thanks for sharing with is at TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love all the texture you created! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful papers you used on this card, and the gorgeous big balloons! Thanks so much for being our GD at JUGS this month. I have loved seeing all of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! Great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous use of all elements! So very pretty, Lee- Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your collage, Lee-Anne. What a wonderful corrugated tag and many wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't tell you which part I like the most! It's all so fun and pretty at the same time! I like the bird, stars, and that wonderful butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have missed a lot lately, I am glad I am back to catch up this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done & love how you were inspired. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!