10 Minute Grunge


Sort of feeling inspired today...who knows...there may be more posts yet???

The Addicted to CAS challenge is grunge.  And since I am a Tim Holtz fan...this tag inspired my card today:



Had to keep it a little more CAS than Tim's tag *grin* to qualify for the CAS challenge.  So I toned it down...a lot! 

This is also another entry for the CASE Study Design Team challenge...wanted to show another side of my art...grunge.  It also showcases my ability to do a one layer design.

Using my TH Burlap stencil and some Distress Ink, I inked in the background, varying the amount of ink over different parts of the stencil.  Next I used two different shades of Distress Ink and moved my TH Splatters stencil around on my card to overlap some of the areas.

The sentiment is simply stamped in black, then I added a rub-on down the left side of the card, a little game spinner and done!  Yes, I know...no smattering of sequins...what's up with that?  Well, just didn't want to spoil the grunge feel of this card.  And yes, it took all of 10 minutes...really quick and easy!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Crumb Cake
Ink:  Brushed Corduroy, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks; Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Stuff to Say
All the other stuff:  TH Splatters stencil, TH Burlap stencil, mini ink blenders, TH Remnant Rubs - Words, TH game spinner, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Addicted to CAS#37 - grunge
CASE Study Design Team challenge

Back soon with more my friends...