Thanks Loll!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014


I received a beautiful gift from my sweet friend, Loll a while ago.  As soon as I looked at the gorgeous heated copper sheets she sent me my first thought was "leaf".  So, the leaf was cut out but I've been struggling with how to show it off to its finest.  Here's a link to Loll's post about the copper including all sorts of information on where to buy it, how to heat it and everything else you'd like to know about it!  Thanks, Loll!!!

The rich tones are just fabulous on this copper and I wanted to play off of them, so I grabbed some of my Starburst mists and just dripped them onto the paper.  See why they are called starburst?  These mists spread out before drying for a cool effect.  They are very shiny, which doesn't really show up well in my photo.

Once that was done, the sentiment was stamped in black and I added some embossed paper, with a bit of black and white peeking out underneath it.  Done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. white, SU! Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black
Ink:  Hero Arts Blackboard
Stamps:  Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold and The Happy
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Loll's gorgeous heated copper, Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die, Cuttlebug Charles embossing folder, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst mists in Poincianna Red Flame and Autumn Maple Crimson, adhesives

Back soon with more my friends...

6 comments

  1. Wow ... the heated copper with the rich razzleberry embossed panel is AMAZING! :) Love the spray mists and will have to add them to my ever-growing wish list :) Love the large font of your hello as well - fabulous card Lee-Anne! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne, you did an excellent job of showcasing your brilliant copper leaf! Just excellent. A true masterpiece from Loll's wonderful sheet and instructions!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur card is so amazing that it definitely would have taken Loll to cloud 9 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the technique you used to show the copper sheet off! Thanks for the link too! I need to get more brave about splats!!! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card shows off this beautiful leaf wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!