Note to Self



Note to self...carpe diem!  Don't you think?  Some days we need to be reminded to grab those reins and seize the day!

I love carousel horses and have had this stamp for a while.  Time to get it inky again!

Jennifer McGuire had a fabulous video yesterday on Distress Ink bleeds, and the MIX-ability challenge over at Splitcoast today is wishy-washy watercolor.  So, I sort of combined the two ideas.  I'm using the colors from the Color Throwdown Challenge.

The image was stamped on watercolor paper using three shades of Distress Ink, then it was spritzed with a mini mister till the ink bled some.  I wasn't satisfied with the bit of bleed that was happening, so I used my water brush and a little more ink to spread it out some.  Then, the image was stamped in Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.  Jennifer stamped her sentiment right over top of her ink bleed sentiment, but I wanted some movement for the horse, so it was offset slightly.

Next, the top was die cut, the sentiment stamped and I added a brad to look like a push pin.  I also loved Jennifer's reminder to use clear embossing on card stock to give it texture...haven't done that in a while, and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury and watercolor paper
Ink:  Distress Inks in Festive Berry, Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint; Ranger Archival Jet Black
Stamps:  Inkadinkado (carousel horse), Verve (sentiment) and Impression Obsession (background)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT notebook edge die, brad, Niji water brush, clear embossing powder, heat gun, mini mister, stamp-a-majig, adhesive

Challenges entered:
CAS-ology #85 cue card:  carnival
Color Throwdown #282:  Lucky Limeade, Real Red and Daffodil Delight
Splitcoast Stampers MIX-ability #58:  wishy washy watercolor backgrounds

Back soon with more my friends...