Feathery Friends

Monday, March 3, 2014


The first time I saw this stamp set, I knew it had to be mine :)  I'm a bird lover...there are bird feeders in our yard year round and bird baths when the weather permits. 

This card is actually very simple to make.  I stamped the feathers randomly across the card stock and then used alternating colors to stamp the little dots on the feathers.  Next comes the heat embossed vellum piece with the sentiment.  It's been stitched onto the card on three sides and I just let the threads hang.  To keep the stitching from coming off, it's all been taped on the back of the top piece.  Then, a stamped and die cut bird on a thread nest popped up on a dimensional for a little interest.  It was placed on a card base and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. Pure Luxury White and vellum
Ink:  Hero Arts Soft Sand, Soft Brown, Soft Granite and Versamark
Stamps:  PTI Feather Finery
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, PTI Feather Finery die set, sewing machine, thread, dimensional, Hero Arts white embossing powder, heat gun, embossing buddy

Challenges entered:
Freshly Made Sketches 125:
Back soon with more my friends...

5 comments

  1. Love that feather image and lovely use of the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. Love how you used the vellum so not to cover the beautifully stamped background and how you created a nest with thread. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is simply gorgeous !! A winner foe me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, am I ever glad I scrolled through a few older posts that I've missed. Lee-Anne, this is, well, it literally made me gasp. I am so pinning and so excited because I have that set (NBUS of course!), and this is the first thing I'm going to do with it. WOW, WOW, WOW!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feathers are so awesome and the use of the dots is wonderful too! A really beautiful use of vellum and your bird is too too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!