Amped Up More Than Friends

Monday, March 31, 2014


And here's an "amped up" version of the same card...adding twine and a button.  Which do you prefer?

The birds are paper pieced and popped up on foam adhesive.  I've tried to make it appear that they are walking on the sentiment.  Isn't that a fun sentiment?  A smattering of sequins, a rounded corner and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. and Memory Box Brioche
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Dylusions How Does Your Garden Grow? and Mama Elephant Good Times
All the other stuff:  foam adhesive, sequins, Tombow glue, corner rounder, twine and button

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers CAS266
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes with buttons
Paper Players #189 Tic Tac Toe challenge:   paper piecing, patterned paper and twine


Back soon with more my friends...

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne :-) I love how you have the birds walking on the cute sentiment ,,, fabulous ! :-)
    this really made me smile :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I LOVE this! I knew right away this was for the SCS challenge cuz I checked it out myself this morning! Didn't make anything, but I loved looking at the samples! These birds are a hoot, and I love that you paper pieced them! So cool! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These birds are awesome and so is your card, Lee-Anne! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes With Buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Lee-Anne! I love that sentiment and your cool blue color combo. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card totally made me smile. What a great sentiment and I love those birds! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another card that has me grinning ear to ear! Love the sentiment and I really like how you paper pieced your birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this FUN modern awesome card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!