Wishing for Spring on the Prairies

Sunday, February 16, 2014



Oh am I ever wishing for spring here on the prairies!  It's more of a blizzard like day yet again...snow, blowing snow...

A different sort of format today...a looo-nnn-gg card *grin*.  Wanted to get as much spring as possible into my picture...birds...flowers...etc.  I've stamped all the images in a water proof ink since I was going to use my Inktense pencils.  When the ink was dry, I added stripes of color with a water brush and then some splatters, again using the water brush.

Next comes three die cut clouds in blue...they're popped up on dimensionals.  And a few random sequins for a wee bit of sparkle...and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white and unknown blue paper
Ink:  Ranger Archival Ink in Watering Can and Jet Black
Stamps:  Dylusions How Does Your Garden Grow and Hero Arts Everyday Sayings
All the other stuff:  Derwent Inktense pencils, Niji water brush, Big Shot Pro, Lil' Inker Designs Cloudy Sky die and Neat & Tangled Birthday Bash Mix sequins

Challenges entered:
Just Us Girls #228 - color challenge
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC128 - so long
Splitcoast Stampers LOVEFEST2014B- lovey dovey spring

Back soon with more...

8 comments

  1. Very pretty card! Love the sweet images and the splashes of color! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I love how you did your coloring, so fun. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am ready for Spring in NC too! We got 8.5" of snow. Your card is so cute with the birds, flowers, and even clouds too! Love the way you did the strokes in different colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! I am so tired up bundling up and snow! Fantastic looong card. Thanks for a peek of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable scene! darling card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun hint of the colors~ Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so much fun! I love the spring colors on the birds and flowers. The dimension on the clouds is great. Your card makes me smile. :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!