Stitched Stars


Hmmm...stitching, water coloring, heat embossing...that pretty much sums up this card.  It could easily be used for a wedding, an anniversary or ???

After playing around with some papers for the brushed water color at the top, I settled on Ranger Inkssentials Specialty Stamping Paper and here's why.  There was no pilling or funny stuff that happened and my paper stayed perfectly flat.  Love it!

I started out by die cutting the paper with the diagonal die.  Next I heat embossed the beautiful little dandelions (can you tell I'm in LOVE with these?).  Then, I rubbed my inks onto a stamping block, spritzed them with a bit of water and then picked up the color with a paint brush.  Just painted across the embossed areas in a haphazard sort of fashion.

Then, the little round circles were heat embossed with a metallic embossing powder.  Next, I die cut the three stars and inked them with the same colors.  Pulled out my little craft sewing machine and stitched the stars onto the bottom part of the card.  Lately, I've seen some cards with the threads just left hanging so thought I'd try that...

The sentiment was simply stamped in black and I added a smattering of sequins.  The top and bottom panels were popped up on dimensionals and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white and Ranger Inkssentials Speciality Stamping Paper
Inks:  Versamark, Hero Arts Soft Pink, Lime Green, Soft Vanilla and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted Dandelion Dreams and Geometric Style II
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lil' Inker On The Diagonal Die, Clearly Besotted Superstar Die Collection, Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, heat gun, sewing machine, stamping block, paint brush, embossing buddy, dimensionals, Kelly Purkey sequins, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Paper Players #183:  CAS card with stars
Simon Says Stamp:  wedding or anniversary card
CASE Study #179:

Back soon with more...