Shades of Gray Rolled Vases

Friday, February 28, 2014


Time for another card with one of my favorite new stamp sets!

I started by making my little rolled vases.  After cutting the paper to size, I stamped each rectangle with some Delicata ink and heat set the ink.  Then they were rolled to three different sizes...I used Scor-Tape to hold them together.

After deciding the placement of the vases, I stamped the flowers with Distress Paint.  It shows up well on colored card stock.  And, a little hint...if you are stamping with it make sure that you clean your stamp thoroughly immediately after stamping.    Next, the stems were stamped and I adhered the vases with more Scor-Tape for a secure hold.

The little dandelion seeds were stamped in the same Distress Paint.  The sentiment was stamped in black and I added two gold sequins for a little bit of bling.  Yes, those are both gold...even though the bottom one doesn't really look that way.  Rounded one corner of the card and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Going Gray (retired), Lost & Found Ruby, Crate Paper on Trend and MME Love Me
Ink:  Delicata Golden Glitz and Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted Dandelion Dreams and Magenta (gold pattern)
All the other stuff:  Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade, Scor-Tape, sequins, corner rounder, heat gun, adhesive

Challenges entered:
Paper Players #184 sketch:


CAS-ual Fridays CFC#129:  Shades of Gray

13 comments

  1. Wow! I seem to say that a lot about your cards :) LOVE the idea of using rolled papers for vases. I have used them as candles for a birthday card, but the vases idea is AWESOME! Love the stamps flowers - so pretty. And your gray and gold color combo is so unique and fun. Always inspiring Lee-Anne! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Awesome design and fabulous colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome to create your own vases by rolling paper! So creative. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Lee-Ann! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the rolled vases! Love!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gasp. I love this!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vases, and that orange on the grey is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these little rolled vases! I have been playing around with rolled paper too of late, but your use of them is genius. Love the colour combo you chose to create with also...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an original idea for the vases. Beautiful stamping too; love the colour scheme. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flipping fantastic!!! This HAS to win, it just has to, OMG, WOW!! Another one I'm pinning. Wait, do you have a Pinterest Board that I can follow, or do I already follow? I need to check that out ... Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a neat, creative design! I really like your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply amazing! Love the dimension from the vases!
    Thanks for joining CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't get over how amazing this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!