Over the Edge for Spring

Monday, February 24, 2014



Did you catch that title?  Seriously...it is minus 50 with the wind chill again this morning...and this stamper is sick, sick, sick of winter.  OK, got that off my chest...on with the card, which I might add looks rather spring-like doesn't it?

I actually pulled out some papers that I've been hoarding.  Love the colors!  My card base is 3.5" x 5.5" to allow for the circle to hang over the edge.  It's been layered with one of the papers from this pack.  Then I die cut some chevrons in coordinating papers...two large and one small and tucked them right against each other on the card.  Next a simple rectangle, again layered with designer paper.  The circle has been die cut with a nestie and stamped with the little robin (please, spring...come on!), and then the sentiment.

A smattering of sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. ivory and Marianne Designs Birds & Flowers
Ink:  Hero Arts Soft Pool and Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  Hero Arts (bird) and Verve (sentiment)
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, MFT Chevron Stripes die-namics, Spellbinders circle nestie, sequins, adhesives

Challenges entered:
Splitcoast Stampers LOVEFEST2014K:  lots of lovely layers
MOJO Monday 334:
Back soon with more my friends...

6 comments

  1. Oh my gosh....minus 50 with the wind chill. That's BAD, BAD!!!!! It was 70 here over the weekend and sunny. Loved it, but will be 39 Wednesday. Still, that is so much better than your temps. Hang on!!
    But, your card is beautiful. I love the overhang. The bird/sentiment is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I hear ya! About this time of year I always wonder why I live in the prairies. Your card is fantastic Awesome take on the sketch and the addition of the sequins is wonderful!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your Chevron and the sequins really accent your wonderful design! The colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the details also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me giggle! we must not live very far from one another! and I'm with you... sick, sick sick! of the cold!!! but your card is lovely! and springy and reminds us there is warmer days ahead!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!