Olympics Inspired

Thursday, February 13, 2014



Have you been watching the Olympics?  I love the beautiful graphics around all the venues!  They are gorgeous in the watery blues and greens aren't they?  However, I'm doing a red challenge today and went all patriotic...GO CANADA!

I stamped three different patterns using a PITT big brush marker.  Then they were die cut and edged with another big brush marker.

Then sentiment was stamped in black and then I used my big brush marker and a maple leaf stamp (GO CANADA!) off to the side.

The little triangles are all popped up on dimensionals and have a bit of Wink of Stella marker for some shimmer.  Wanted to add another pattern and a bit more black for balance so chose the gingham ribbon for across the top and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Gina K. pure luxury white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Stamps:  Savvy Stamps (dots), Hero Arts (two other patterns and the sentiment), Club Scrap (maple leaf with the splatters)
All the other stuff:  MFT triangles die-namics, SU! ribbon, dimensionals, PITT big brush markers in black and pale geranium lake, clear Wink of Stella marker

Challenges entered:
Freshly Made Sketches #123:

Addicted to Stamps & More:  #82 make your mark
Splitcoast Stampers Ways to Use It #466:  red, red, red

Back soon with more...(GO CANADA!)





12 comments

  1. Whooot, whoot for Canada! They are having a great outcome so far :) Not much getting done around the house, but sure love watching those athletes LOL! Great take on the sketch and loving the red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, after you got me addicted to FMS, I uploaded my card and scanned the entries. I swear I didn't look at the names...but I knew yours IMMEDIATELY! Girl, your work and perspective is so unique!! I don't know if stuff like that can be learned but I'm hangin' out with you just in case. ;) Only ONE area we may disagree on, tho...ahem...Love, Carmen Located in North Carolina in the USA. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Olympics and love your card! The red and white graphic design is so sharp! Thanks for joining us at FmS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've been watching the Olympics and loving it! I think your card is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are awesome Lee-Anne! I have you on my live feed now. Looking forward to coffee in April - and more lovely paper productions in the meantime. Go Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E! Looking forward to catching up!

      Delete
  6. Yay Canada!! Awesome take on the sketch Lee-Anne! Thanks for the beautiful card you sent me! I was really inspired by it and now I need to find out where I can find Fibre Paste. Have a fabulous Valentines day!
    Hugs
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO CANADA!!!! Yay! Lovin' the Olympics and the theme behind this card! Such a great idea! Love that maple leaf! Perfectly Patriotic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the CAS look and your Canadian touches! :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the CAS look and your Canadian touches! :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been watching Olympics way too late and don't feel like doing anything all day! lol I LOVE the leaf and that sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!